Fabian Broich abandona Excel

Benzac

The last 2 years at EXCEL have been a huge learning experience for me. After being at S04 and OG for 3 splits and making 2x LEC finals, I wanted to showcase what a holistic performance approach could look like and that I could help bring other teams to the next level. Therefore, I turned down financially better offers working on big teams in EU and NA. I thought EXCEL was the perfect fit having one season in the league and being the worst team in placements (9th and 10th). I wanted to have a big impact and I understood that would mean a lot of work and dedication, as well as obstacles, failures and accomplishments.

When I first joined EXCEL, I came in as a sports psychologist for the LEC team. There was no performance setup in terms of facilities and processes which allowed me to start off with a clean sheet. The LEC Berlin facility developed from a student's apartment, to a gaming office to a performance office within 2 years. With time my role evolved. Being not only responsible for the LEC team but also the NLC, Fortnite and VALORANT. One of the changes made was to replace team managers with performance managers, a hybrid manager that combines operations and performance. Consequently, we hired 3 sport scientists for our individual titles. For the last 2 splits, EXCEL and Joey put their trust in me to help do the negotiations for the roster.

With the addition of the sport scientists we were able to create performance indicators, focusing on sleep, diet, sports and the mental aspect. Using tracking devices to monitor and develop habits. The performance manager executed in a great fashion to our approach of human growth and better performance. We created a performance handbook, presentations and talked to the media to embrace a healthier and well-being focused approach, in the hope that other teams would be inspired to support their athletes and coaches in the same way.

Looking back it's fair to say that the LEC placements were a big disappointment. On the other hand, the NLC team did amazing, winning the NLC title, making it to the EUM finals and producing 3 LEC players. Besides that, I have to say thank you to the 30+ players and 10 coaches I have worked with during this time. The individuals have worked really hard, became better players and coaches, developed healthier lifestyles and grew as human beings while never giving up during difficult times. There is nothing more I can ask for. I love to work with people who are really driven and have clear goals, and that is really rare to find nowadays. I will certainly miss those close relationships to the team and I look forward to seeing the LEC team continue to grow.

During my time at EXCEL I have also had many changes in my personal life. I became a husband and dad. I knew it was going to be challenging despite my drive to keep working hard so I decided to decline a long term extension in March with EXCEL. I made the decision that I want to spend more time with my family and also support other athletes, rather than being with one organization. My goal is to professionalize the scene, helping organizations create performance systems and to support individuals with their obstacles, goals and accomplishments.

I will now take some time with my family and I look forward to sharing my next steps relatively soon. Thank you everyone for your support, and remember mindset matters!

Efervescente

Que tenga suerte y que larguen a YB, que lleva cuatro splits armando equipos diciendo que su objetivo son Worlds y no juegan PO ni de rebote.

InventaLukit

"Excel abandona la LEC". Qué ganas de que llegue ese día. Es poco probable, pero más improbable es que lleguen algún día a playoffs.

Usuarios habituales

• InventaLukit
  • Efervescente
  • Benzac