Starbound #HO

Antiguo hilo de MV.
Web oficial.
Twitter oficial.
Grupo de Steam oficial.
Comunidad no oficial española. Actualizado.
Twitter de la comunidad no oficial española. Actualizado.
Facebook de la comunidad no oficial española. Actualizado.
Grupo de Steam de la comunidad española.Actualizado.
Grupo de Steam de StarboundMV. Actualizado.

Servidores de juego

Dirección: server.playstarbound.es
Contraseña: psb

Otro en #6074

Luckyno

me huelo denuncias en breves

#7502 yo comento mi opinion sobre el tema, si te da rabia no es mi culpa. Si ahora encima anuncian que uno de los desarrolladores está trabajando en otro proyecto....

1 respuesta
johanfer

#7501 Pues has comentarios mas útiles acerca del tema para que no te denuncien...

A propósito alguien vio el nuevo modo de combate?, se ve mas entretenido

1 respuesta
B

#7502 has

NoobInNs

Vaya, nueva actualizacion o por lo menos la acabo de ver ahora. A ver si hicieron algo xDDD

1 respuesta
predator1158

#7504 por lo que pone en la pagina oficial son mejoras de rendimiento
, pero no estoy seguro xD

notiK

Como va el Starbound? lo deje hace ya unos meses para ver si iban avanzando, algo importante que deba saber?

He visto que han metido pets y demás.

predator1158

me he metido en Starbound para destruir mi base y me he fijado que la ultima actualización (actualización en condiciones quiero decir) es del 18/02/2014 , tocate los cojones xD vaya tela

P

si me gusta starbound creeis q me gustara terraria? he visto por encima algunos gameplays en youtube y no se si probarlo

3 respuestas
Aricia

#7508 debería gustarte terraria, creo que la mayoría de los que jugamos a starbound hemos empezado con terraria

Beetle-Juice

#7508 Totalmente, además tiene muchísimo más fondo que el Starbound actual.
Te aviso de que a mi personalmente el principio se me hizo un poco meh, pero en cuanto pillas armadura y herramientas... puf, viciada.

P

esque en starbound ya no tengo nada q hacer me aburre hacerme casas y cosas toy probando ahora un terraria y si me gusta me lo compro, x ahora me esta gustando auinq se pica muy lento comparado con starbound

RTeks

#7508 A mi terraria me dio 80 horas y aun asi no consegui la terra blade, asi que hay para rato.

1 respuesta
Beetle-Juice

#7512 juejj +1, vaya horror
Y si te metes en lo de los moldes y las llaves, ya puedes morir xD

A mi lo que menos me gustó de Terraria es que al final siempre acabas tiendo la necesidad de crear otro mapa, ya no sólo por la crimson/corruption, si no que yo encontré en mi mapa un porrón de Cloud in a bottle, pero me tuve que ir a otro mapa a buscar unas Hermes boots....

Pero es algo mínimo, pues se soluciona rápido. Tampoco es para hacer un drama.

1 respuesta
RTeks

#7513 Yo tuve que hacer como 10 mapas para encontrar la tobillera del viento xd. Y lo del drop de las llaves es un infierno tambien si, consegui solo las de jungla y crimson (que por cierto son una chetada)

Beetle-Juice

Urg, pensé que estábamos en el hilo de Terraria >.<

Btw, sabéis si con la última actualización tocaron algo del rendimiento del juego?

8 días después
Danrex

Tampoco hay que creerse todo lo que digan los devs pero oye, comentario de hoy mismo.

I've been looking at this game for quite some time. I've always been impressed by how ambitious its goals are and I've planned on buying it for a while. However, after what happened to Towns, some of my friends have told me to disregard Starbound as well because they believe its development is getting slower and slower until, eventually, its gonna end up like Towns.

Tiyuri (Dev) - This won't happen. Whilst our updates have been slow lately it's because we've been investing time in ensuring development will be faster from here on out.

Also behind the scenes a ton of work is going on, combat is completely different now in internal builds, as is ship progression and the way the universe is explored. We'll be releasing a big update when all of that is done.

Towns drowned out because development was unhealthy whereas Starbound has temporarily slowed down because we're undergoing a very healthy upgrade.

Swim2theMoon

A ver si es verdad

ayls

Bueno eso me suena,y llevan diciendo eso como dos meses, ellos veran que hacen,ya que han perdido mucha credibilidad si les queda alguna... espero que por su bien y por el nuestro sea verdad, y no saquen un mierda parche como ahora, pero cuantas escusas nos han dado ya???

Meliak

Yo solo digo que dije esto:

Danrex

http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/254dfa/some_qa_for_you/

What's with the speed of updates?

So lately updates have slowed down somewhat, it's no secret. The reason is two fold. First we're moving most of the team to the UK so we can work on the project more efficiently from here on out. Also we're working on bigger more substantial updates privately before putting them public. This gives us time to do things like overhaul the progression and the combat system.

But you said thick and fast!!

We did and we originally went into beta releasing updates far quicker, we even started doing updates every other day at one point. But the community appeared to be generally unhappy with the amount of meaningful content in these updates and many people voiced that they wanted something more substantial. So we took the people responsible for providing small content updates and assigned them to assist the developers working on the bigger progression updates to get them out faster. Of course even with extra hands these big updates take time. Essentially we just listened to community feedback and changed our minds on what we were doing here.

But only one of your programmers is moving! How can that slow things down so much?

Well first of all the programmer moving is our lead programmer, she designed the architecture for the entire game, programmed almost all of the engine, and she leads the other programmers. They essentially write the code she asks them to write. Like many Indie projects, code wise this is Kyren's brainchild. On top of that, you have to remember that Starbound was designed so that level designers, artists and so on are able to add content themselves without a programmer, content which is needed for the updates. All of uur level designers and artists (bar one) are moving.

So who is moving?

Kyren, our lead programmer Omni, temporarily moving at first, will move down permanently later. Molly, Community manager / implementation Armagon, level designer, sound engineer and implementation George, Artist, implementation Samuri, Artist, implementation Legris, Artist, implementation Tiy, Project lead, artist, implementation (although I'm not physically moving, I'm spending my time help the others move and by them moving to me.. I'm essentially getting the same benefit.)

But you made so much money, why don't you hire more programmers?

Adding additional programmers to a project doesn't speed up it's development. The more people you add the more of a communication overhead you get. Plus you need people to answer their questions, familiarize them with the code base and figure out how to work together - as often coding styles clash terribly. It's far better to decrease the existing communication overhead and make our current team as efficient as possible.

I'm worried about what happened with Towns, Could starbound go the same way?

What happened with Towns wasn't cool and is in part a symptom of developers learning how to work with the new early access model of development. We're learning too, and it's full of pitfalls. But we're in such a strong position that there's no chance of Starbound going the way of towns. In fact the only reason development has slowed a bit is because we're using our success to upgrade the efficiency of the team by moving them over to the UK. After which things will go even faster.

Why do I have to give Chucklefish the rights to my mod if it's included in Starbound?

So recently our mod agreement (old one, we have a new one now that will go public soon) was criticised for asking the mod developer to assign ownership of the mod to Chucklefish. Sadly this is more or less the only realistic way of us being able to distribute a mod, when we integrate a mod into our code base we build on top and around it and a couple of months down the line it becomes very difficult to remove. We need to be in a position where a mod author can't request removal later on and cost us months and months of work, break player saves and so on. We also need to be in a position where we don't have to ask mod authors for permission to distribute Starbound in new ways. However we don't restrict the mod author from continuing to work on their mod in any way, realistically the agreement is set out this way to protect Chucklefish, but in reality will have no tangible affect on the majority of authors. We're looking into joint ownership in our new agreement, but it's very tricky to get right.

Shouldn't a mod author be paid if you're going to use their work though?

In an ideal world it would be nice to compensate mod authors for the work they do. However paying people is not always as easy as you'd think, the complexity of paying authors is far from trivial. On top of that we feel having the mod scene become money driven would be bad for the community, who is to say how much a mod is worth in currency? What if two mods do similar things? What if one authors claims another copied his mod? The potential here for drama is off the charts.

We will however be putting mod authors names in the credits and may hold modding competitions in the future with all sorts of prizes.

How different is version 1.0 going to be from what we have available at the moment?

Honestly what you're playing right now feels like more of a tech demo compared to what's going on internally and our plans for 1.0. Whilst the current build contains all kinds of items that test the engine in unique and interesting ways, it doesn't yet feel tied together as a game, which is what we're working on right now.

So what does the timeline look like?

Right now we're working on combat changes and progression, we want to get the game to that 1.0 state where you can play through it and feel as if you've completed something. We're holding back on releasing anything progression related until it's all done because we want 1.0 to be a whole new game for everyone.

Once the progression is done, we're looking into director mode and end game content.

After the director mode and end game content updates, will you still be releasing more content to the game or just take it as a finished product?

We plan to support Starbound for a long time after it's "finished" and give the community all the tools they need to do the same. When the dev team is finally ready to move on, we'll likely hire a small team to keep updating the game, quite possibly made up of some of the most prominent and accomplished modders in the community.

Why are you publishing other games when Starbound isn't finished?

For the most part we publish other titles as a means of helping out smaller indie studios who need some assistance. We don't however develop those titles, so they don't take time away from Starbound. The titles we're publishing outside of Starbound have their own dev teams working on them.

But what about that pirate game?

The pirate game IS a Chucklefish developed game, but an entirely new team was hired to develop it. The mechanics of the pirate game are something I personally dreamed up a long time ago, before Starbound was even a thing, so I decided to hire a team to make it and passed them the idea. None of the Starbound development team is working on the pirate game so it won't slow down development.

We also have a responsibility as a company to ensure we have multiple revenue streams available to us.

Where in the general development timeline do server tools, optimization and other platforms (vita especially) fit in?

Server tools and optimizations will come with the 1.0 release in all likelihood. Porting to other platforms will either be post 1.0 if we choose to do it ourselves, or we might hire some console experts to port it along side us developing the PC version to ensure it doesn't suffer from crappy port syndrome.

My official question is what's the status of Kyren, have you guys been given the green light yet?

Kyren is waiting on her visa, nothing has gone wrong there, it's just that she's coming over with her partner so it's a bit more of a complex visa that everyone elses. So it's taking longer. Which is annoying for us because we paid to have it fast tracked!

Post v1.0, is there a significant chance of ship battles, space stations, fleets, trading, etc... being implemented?

Part of the progression update is the ability to buy a space station for you + your party. You'll be able to construct the space station from blocks to make it any shape you like and it will be able to fly from planet to planet. Ship battles we have designed conceptually, so I'd definitely like to see them in post 1.0, but we'll see what happens.

It might be a kinda personal question but here goes: How does the team deal with the drama that has flared up from time to time on this subreddit and the forums

We're all human and we all have different ways of coping with the stress. I'm quite thick skinned personally, it tends not to get to me. Some members of the team find it quite upsetting or extremely stressful whilst others take it in their stride.

When you talk about a possible console release, apart from the Vita, are you talking about next-gen consoles (well, they should be called current-gen now) or last-gen?

Likely Xbox one, PS4, etc

I have more questions!

Leave them in the comments and I'll add them to the OP with answers. I'd like this post to be more about the Starbound project as a whole rather than very specific questions about Starbound. So I'll be picking those posts out. I'll do an AMA or similar later on to deal with specific Starbound questions.

1 respuesta
ayls

#7520 mucha escusa,esperemos que sea verdad.... y siga siendo tan fantastico en nuestros sueños

lupin3rd

Y yo solo digo que es la semana de Terraria en el club de la hucha, los que tengais el corazoncito roto con lo que esta pasando en StarBound, deberiais probarlo pero YA, por mucho que digan por ahi, Terraria le da 25 millones de vueltas a SB con los ojos cerrados, solo hay que darle una oportunidad.

3 2 respuestas
cortes

#7522 Tal como esta Starbound, nadie diria que no le da 20 patadas el terraria xD

1 respuesta
SlayerEXE

#7523 #7522 Jajaja potencialmente es mucho mejor, pero lamentablemente aún le queda mucho camino por recorrer. +1 a partidita a Terraria con el Club de la Hucha.

Sphere

Están tristes y desmotivados, mientras se abanican con fajos de billetes... que cara más dura tienen, de verdad xD

V

No si al final acabará diciendo que dejan el desarrollo porque la comunidad no les apoya o alguna gilipollez similar... Telita. Y luego al Caribe.

Sesshoumaru1

Les debería dar puta verguenza. Y aun me acuerdo de las flameadas que nos pegaban aquí algunos con todo el tema, sabes, cuando ahora mismo debería hacer más de 5-6 meses que debería estar el juego EN RELEASE.

AikonCWD

que vergüenza. Si pudiera, haría refund del juego. Que asco de genete

8 1 respuesta
Sesshoumaru1

#7528 Lo mismo digo, la verdad es que no me ha dado casi nada de tiempo de diversión, es un juego que te ventilas realmente en.... 3 Horas? O algo así si ya has jugado al terraria, y ya no tienes nada que hacer.

forcem

pero si lo estasi siguiendo en que se les esta llendo el tiempo?